Horse Play

All about the care of horses and ponies. Including training, grooming, health, showing, trail riding and more.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

It just fell into my lap!

It seems that a frequent dream of little girls is to ride or own a horse one day. The opportunity just fell into my lap.

I told you about my Uncle Frank and his mule "Billy". It was well known around town of his abilities with horses and his love for them. A local businessman happened to own a farm and was starting to raise ponies which needed trained. He called upon my uncle for his assistance. This in turn led to the opportunity for numerous nephews and nieces to join in the fun. It was a large group at first but ended up with five nieces sticking with it, I being one. And so started my joyful journey down the road of life filled with learning all I could from the master horseman.

As I continue to post I hope to reveal some of the lessons taught to me in the hopes that you will glean some use from them. I will also pass on any items I feel you may like.

Martha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home